My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

08 October 2009

grrrr. hidden carbs...and re-commitment

ok - so I keep bouncing back and forth from 165.5 to 169.

i HATE seeing that 169 stare at me on the scale. :(

I know I've been lax on my exercising lately...as I'd rather just get home and make dinner to make sure it's ready for my fiance when he gets home...

BUT I need to re-commit myself. both to exercising and counting carbs.

I've posted above a link to "My Daily Plate" Which I will TRY to keep updated - but no promises, lol...as I just find it so nice to NOT "micro-manage" my food anymore...

BUT I keep telling myself if I can even count for one week just to make sure I'm not eating hidden carbs - then I'm good to go...

For example - I realized this morning - I switched to the lower fat mayo at whole foods - and there's 2 g carbs in it! The higher fat/regular has none...
and, of course, I've been using my trader joe's bread a bit more than usual lately - specifically the last few days for breakfast - I prefer to eat my eggs as a SANDWICH...

so I entered in all my foods today on the daily plate and I just ate 12 carbs for breakfast! That doesn't include the 3 g fiber so it's only 9 net carbs for breakfast - but that's WAYYYYY too many.

So back to the freezer my bread goes (only to be used in emergencies) and this weekend, damnit, I am going to make some GOOD atkins revolution rolls/oopsie rolls to be able to eat my egg sandwiches with in the morning!!!!

Also...even though I have finally realized that fat *is* good for you - I do think I'm eating a little too much at breakfast...

This morning - adding everything up, I had 488 calories - 37 g fat - 12 g carbs - 2 g sugar - 3 g fiber - 27 g protein...

12 g of that fat came from the Jimmy Dean's sausage patties I went back to buying...as I stopped buying the sausage links from whole foods that are a LOT less lower in everything - AND there's no antibiotics, etc in them...but truth be told - we're a little strapped for cash and so forking out $5 / box at whole foods compared to $2.50 at wally world for the jimmy dean...yeah - it sucks.

so I'm going to have to either A. do the right thing and fork out the extra money OR find something else to have for breakfast, sausage wise...

One good thing is that my belt - which has holes around the entire belt...when I first started back in January, I could BARELY use the second set of holes...now I'm at the hole sets 5 and/or 6 depending on the jeans I am wearing! :D

But I just want to get down to 160 so dang bad! I NEED to re-evaluate - start counting again (even if it's just for a short while) and really re-commit back to exercising.

I REFUSE to start slipping back and gaining a little bit here and there. NO damnit. THIS is my new lifestyle - but I just again need to re-evaluate as I feel I've gotten a little lazy and lax and allow too many little "cheats" here and there.

So again - I don't promise that my daily plate will 100% be filled out ALL the time, but I'm going to try.

Same with my bodybuilding.com that I will repost in a bit too. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment