My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

14 January 2009

atkins' endulge bar

ok - so TOM is here this week and i think THAT is why i've been craving sweets so dang bad.

now - i went ahead and purchased TWO of the atkins endulge bars over the weekend and placed them in my drawer at work. well - temptation got the better of me and I just had one - and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN was it omg GOOD! :P

Now - according to the package it's 19 grams of carbs but 8 grams of fiber and 9 grams of sugar alcohols with 1 gram of sugar...according to the "math" of subtracting fiber & sugar alcohols from the carb count - it comes out to 3 grams of net carbs (19-8-9= 2 + 1 gram of sugar= 3 grams net carbs).

technically I'm not supposed to have one of these until phase 2 and I'm still technically in induction - but man did my brain say i needed it! lol

and I figure - the bar, being 3 grams net carbs is SO much better than binging on something I shouldn't have otherwise - right? :)

so I had it - along with 2 boiled eggs and 2 no-sugar-added sweet gherkins - and maaaan was it good! :)

we'll see if i get sick from the sugar alcohols, as I really don't know how those will affect me - but I just felt like i needed to come on here and blog about it :)

i really do think, though, that i am absolutely going to buy me the sugar free / no sugar alcohol chocolate chips from carbsmart.com for occasions such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment