My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

22 March 2009

14 pounds down!!!! 22/March/2009

woohoo!!!!!!! I lost another 1.5 pounds this week!

I got on the scale this morning and 182 is what I saw! I am sooooo freakin' excited it's not even funny - I mean seriously - I have NEVER EVER EVER been on a "diet" where I didn't feel like I was "dieting"!!

It's rally funny, though, that I always used to be the hugest proponent I knew AGAINST the atkins/low carb diets and yet - Atkins is what's saving my life. Seriously.

And what I LOVE about eating low-carb?...

1. I don't have to weigh and measure everything. On weight watchers, I needed to know exactly the cup/tbsp, oz/gram, etc...of what I was making - and it actually made mealtimes dreadful - whereas now I can just make a recipe - and eat how much i need to feel SATISFIED and not just how much I can "afford" points wise.

2. Fat tastes wonderful!!! Ok, so while I'm still getting used to the taste of fat (i know i don't need to go crazy and buy the fattiest meat, which I don't) - just eating regular butter and regular mayo and all that stuff is AWESOME!!! 

I also get to eat nuts without ANY guilt! 

I can also have FULL FAT salad dressings and not those nasty fat free ones I used to convince myself I liked.

I can have avocados without guilt!

I can use olive oil and not have to measure out exactly 1 tbsp - or worry about adding it to my "points"...

Full fat cheese - compared to that NASTY fat free processed shit.

3. I can eat without feeling guilty!!! One of my biggest pet peeves of a low-fat diet is no matter what - even sometimes when eating a "healthy" low fat meal - you almost felt "guilty" for eating. I know a lot of it was going over points for the day "oh well - I screwed up - might as well chuck it all" which I know is insane - but that's how so many people think. Whereas now - no guilt!

4. I finally feel like I know what I'm doing!! haha. that's a funny one - but it's awesome cuz for sooooo long I've been looking for that "magic pill" and who hasn't?...but I finally found a true "woe" (way of eating) that I SIMPLE and something I CAN truly honestly do for LIFE!!!!!
I quit journaling a few weeks ago - and I'm STILL losing weight because I know what I'm doing! :P

5. I'm not constantly hungry. Eating fat for breakfast and lunch actually keeps me satiated througout the day and I don't find myself starving.

6. I'm actually burning fat! When i go to the gym, I know that what I'm doing is actually burning fat off of my body and not just burning the cookies off I had earlier...

7. No Cravings. I easily see all of the chocolates at the cash register and don't feel the "need" to eat one.

8. No more processed foods!!! I love the fact that about 93% of what I eat is NOT processed! I also COMPLETELY stay away from high fructose corn syrup...I know when i was on weight watchers - it didn't matter how processed something was or what the ingredients were - as long as the points were low, that's ALL that mattered...and the difference is AWESOME as far as flavor goes!

9. we're saving money! Our grocery bill has actually gone DOWN because we're no longer buying a lot of junk and pretty much only real foods - we've gone from about $150 / week down to about $100

I could go on and on but really - I couldn't be happier with my eating and exercise and I finally feel "good" about what I'm doing instead of constantly trying to "fix" what I feel is "wrong"...or trying to find a new way of eating - I HAVE found it - it's FABULOUS!!!!

Plus - I'm wearing jeans that I haven't worn in YEARS! my size 13 jeans fit COMFORTABLY and I just KNOW that those size 11 slacks in my closet, which I wore when I was 160 pounds - WILL FIT AGAIN!!! I've also got three skirts in there I can't WAIT to wear which will fit too!

I just can't say enough - it's awesome!!! 160 lbs, here I come!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment