My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

05 July 2009

Cocnut Milk & Strawberry Greens Protein Shake

Ok - so I've found this new AMAZING protein shake that I FINALLY love the taste of.
At the Whole Foods market here in Indy I found the So Delicious Coconut Milk which the unsweetened is only 1 gram carbs 0 g fiber per 8 0z glass. And the Greens & Whey Protein powder. What I love about this new powder I found is that it's not only a Protein powder - but it's also got TONS of vegees in it.

Ingredients:
8 oz So Delicious Coconut Milk - 1 g carbs, 0 fiber = 1 g net carbs
1/2 cup frozen berries (I used strawberries) - 6.5 g carbs, 1.5 g fiber = 5 g net carbs
1 scoop Greens & Whey Protein Powder = 2 g carbs, 1 g fiber = 1 g net carbs


So I pour 8 oz of the Coconut Milk into my blender. Add about 1/2 cup frozen strawberries - or any berry you want - (frozen works best). Add only 1 scoop of the Protein Powder. Blend!

It's THAT easy and sooooo yummy.

Total Carb Count:
9.5 g carbs / 2.5 g fiber = 7 g net carbs

The carb count obviously is different for the different berries you use. Blackberries are the lowest for carb count and highest in fiber... :) Blueberries have the highest amount of anti-oxidents.
---------------------------------------------------------
EDIT - Tuesday 07/July/07
Well, for some reason I can't reply to the comment - but I think you're right! I actually just blogged that I'm not going to have the whey protein for the next two weeks because of my surgery, and I've been advised to have NO vitamins or anything like that...but I didn't think of just the milk with the fruit...I will def. try this! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love these coconut milk beverages! And I'll bet this shake would be really delicious with just the berries and the So Delicious coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete