My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

22 August 2009

Pizza & Beer!!! :D

I love low-carb. You all know that. I've said it over and over and over again!

On one of my atkins boards tha I post to - someone asked for "tips and tricks"...one of mine is - I have to find alternatives to foods I love - otherwise there might be a possibility of cheating and going for the gusto with the "real" thing...

I told this poster that in the past 8 months of me changing my lifestyle, I still eat BROWNIES, PIZZA, PANCAKES, BEER and even FRENCH "FRIES"...

How do I eat all of these indulging foods on ATKINS???!!! I mean - wait a minute, isn't atkins just "meats, eggs & cheese"? hahaha. yeah right um NO. not so much.

First off - for anyone who TRULY KNOWS that atkins involves TONS of yummy foods such as vegees, dairy, nuts, berries, alcohol, beans, fruit (yup, fruit!) and even potatoes and grains!

If you've never read the book and only "know" what you've heard - you're reading this going "that's not atkins!" but let me assure you it IS! Read the book. Dr. Atkins taught people how to eat WHOLE - UNPROCESSED foods and how to even eat the foods that everyone think is bad, because the INDUCTION phase tells you not to eat those foods. But the Induction phase is ONLY two weeks when you decide to start your new low-carb lifestyle. Then you climb the "rungs" of the ladder. Currently I am on rung 7 (fruit) but I have had a potato skin or two (my fiance is weird and doesn't eat the skin of his baked taters)...as well as some low-carb bread (rung 9)...

So anyways. I just wanted to share some of the things I eat such as PIZZA and BROWNIES so that you know you CAN eat those things again.

One more thing, though - before I get into those foods - you DO have to follow the rules of the carbohydrate ladder and only add these items/ingredients in small amounts, as per the "rung" you're on (for example, no almond flour until rung 3 - nuts) and concentrate more on your healthy fats, meats & VEGEES.

Now. I HAD to share my pizza I made last night. It was INCREDIBLE!!!
I was trying to figure out what we would do for dinner and thought I'd just stop by a pizza place and get my fiance a cheap $5 pizza. So I got that - but obviously I'm not going to eat a commercially made pizza with white bread crust!

So I went to my FAVORITE low-carb recipe website: Linda's Low-Carb Recipes and found a recipe for this Most Awesome Pizza Crust . I made this and while making it, I had sliced up 1 roma tomato and placed it in a bowl with some chopped up onions, basil & olive oil.

For the home made sauce I used this recipe off of recipezaar: Pizza Sauce.

Put that pizza sauce on the crust (which btw, is VERY crunchy!) - place the bruschetta mix (tomatoes, onions, oil) on the sauce - top with shredded mozzarella - bake for 15 minutes at 350 and enjoy!

And with that pizza I had my beloved Michelob Ultra beer (2.6 g carbs per 12 oz!)

I mean - really - low carb is freakin' FABULOUS! :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now - I'm sure you also saw "fries" up there in this post too.
I will talk about my "french fries" in my next post! hehe - so come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment