My Weight Loss Tracker

MY EXERCISE DIARY

03 September 2009

Waffles - Low Carb Style :D

ok - so for my birthday i got the George Foreman Next Grilleration G5 grill - and I freakin' LOVE it!

I usually make pancakes on the weekends - my fiance's out of a box and mine, home-made. I want to share those with you now. :)

The syrup I use is Vermont Sugar Free Syrup

Here is the recipe:
(I double mine to fit in the grill - literally just double each ingredient otherwise, here it is "normal"...)

5 tbsp almond flour (need to use bob's red mill) - 6 carbs / 3 fiber = 3 net carbs
1 tbsp sour cream = .5 g carbs
1 tbsp so delicious coconut milk (unsweetened) (can use regular milk or water) = 0 g
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional, I use to add more fiber)
1/2 tsp baking powder = 1 g carbs
1 tsp oil (I use coconut, but can use any)
1 tsp Da Vinci Syrup - any flavor OR 1 packet of splenda + 1/4 tsp vanilla = 0 for da vinci, 1 for splenda

TOTAL = 4.5 g carbs and with chia seeds, tons of fiber! :)

Combine all ingredients and cook on griddle or skillet for pancakes or for waffles, use a waffle iron.





















No comments:

Post a Comment